Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Where's the Beef?



Lately while viewing my blog you may be asking yourself where the food went. I have not been able to cook as my schedule sends me to rehearsal until all hours of the night. How HNS is surviving is a mystery.


We took a trip to good old Costco to stock up on frozen stuff that we can eat quickly and easily for dinner and lunch (Since I haven't cooked that also means no left overs for lunch). While we were walking through the store I was getting sad that I couldn't just throw some of the beautiful meats and other fresh dinner ingredients in our basket. Don't get me wrong - I love being part of this play but I do miss cooking. The show opens this week so in a couple weeks I should get on a schedule that allows me to cook again at least a couple nights a week. I think I will start with a Squash Casserole that pnlkotula gave me last week - or maybe the homemade falafel recipe from Janine - or maybe try my hand at cooking fish - or maybe those cheese steaks from my sissy's blog - or maybe...........


5 comments:

pnlkotula said...

Now is the time to check out "My Girlfriend's Kitchen!" It's fun, and delicious!

JB said...

Great idea! I will do that but I still must make that squash casserole.
PS - Did you get my response to your myspace message?

pnlkotula said...

Yes, ma'am, and thank you. I've been typing my little fingers down to nubs today...

Arties32 said...

How was the gnocci?

Anonymous said...

It was ok - nothing to write home about - I saw the contestents on Top Chef make their own frozen pasta meals and Bertolli was the sponsor so I wanted to try it. I have gotten the gnocci twice but the other flavors are not very good. Chicken and shrimp just don't re-animate very well.