Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Birthday, the beach and another river means more crab.

Happy Birthday Rob!!

A defenseless soft shell crab. Feels like soft leather.

"Thing one" ponders the pepper.

"Thing one" beside himself with joy to be hanging out with his favorite Auntie.

OK, really - "Thing three" is just too cute for words.

we waited for a long time to get a table at a popular beach breakfast spot on Sunday morning (guess they didn't recognize me) but it was worth the wait.


He is just so serious all the time.
HNS loved this chair at the Brunk's crab feast.

And this great big crab.

HNS and I headed down to P'town and the beach since we won't have another chance until November. We had a blast. The weather was perfect , the company was stellar and the food was amazing. Saturday night we went to a restaurant called Tautog's at the beach. The she crab soup was excellent and the shrimp scampi I had just makes me cry to think about. That's how good it was - I miss it. I love shrimp and have ordered this dish many times over at many different places but I have never had it prepared to such perfection. I give it my highest score - 5 out of 5 muffins. Seriously though, the whole dinner was fun and it was so great to see all my peeps again.

(On a side note, the Halloween peeps are just now hitting the stores- oh joy.)

On Sunday not long after our wonderful breakfast we headed back to P'town to join all my folks' BFF's at the Brunk's annual crab feast. There is no way to describe the sites here but I will try. The house is beautifully situated on the river and the back / side yard looks like it was made for out door parties like this one. Mrs. Brunk has been my fathers secretary at the temple a few years now but we actually new the Brunks years before when I "dated" their son for about two weeks in high school. As we drove up to the beautiful house HNS turns to me and whispers " you sure blew it that time".

The real site was watching the 30 or so congregants scarf down the piles of crab as if Yom Kippur was just around the corner or something :P

This was definitely a Reform feast but as Kitty Mom always says about eating shellfish " If God knew how good it was going to be she would have allowed us to eat it."

Amen to that.

On the way home HNS suggested we take the route that included a fun ferry ride. It reminded me that up until we pull into the garage we are still on an adventure. I recommend taking the long way home whenever possible.

3 comments:

Arties32 said...

I'm so torn- I don't know if I am more jealous of you because you saw the things or because of the food! I guess I would just like to see the little ones :)

Looks like you had a great time!

A.K. said...

These Maryland Alexanders will definitely back you up on taking the long way home...

so jealous of more crabs- we did get some from the rivah last weekend! yummy!

Anonymous said...

I love that fish chair! Poor Tom fishes his brains out and never catches anything! Imagine his surprize if he woke up and found one of those on his porch!