Wednesday, September 5, 2007

River Food and Fun

Catching Dinner.


These steaks were perfectly marinated. They literally melted in my mouth at dinner.


Everyone gets behind the Birthday boy.



This one tried to get away.


HNS plays cabana boy and serves up the "medicine".


All the sibs and the sib-in-law rocking the boat.


HNS takes the cake.


The paparazzi were everywhere. Muffin face trying to escape.

These folks really know how to have fun. I wish I would have taken more food pictures but I was so busy eating...and drinking...and relaxing. Some of the things I didn't get a picture of were Kathy's marinated vegetables and Jean's pasta salad. (please email me recipes) Betsy and Kathy and me even invented a drink... a crabtini or River juice. ok - it tasted better than either of those things sound - I think we have to come up with something better girls! (Send that recipe too since I have totally forgotten what you put in it)

I had a wonderful time. When I was little my Father would take us crabbing and fishing at Padre Island and Port-a-Ransis. The crabbing reminded me of all the fun we had there.

I feel very lucky to have been included in this great time. Thanks guys!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a fun party! And Doug...you are sooo wearing an elf hat for the holiday party this year. Now that I have seen what you are willing to wear on your head.

pnlkotula said...

Nice birthday crown...

Arties32 said...

That looks like SOOO much fun. The crabs are what was killing me- we don't get those here. Nothing like them. Wow. Happy happy birthday HNS!

JB said...

Sissy - those crabs were fun to pick apart but I only liked the leg meat so it was barely worth the work. I only opened a few. Don't they look great though?

A.K. said...

River juice sounds delicious!!! if it is that dacquiri concotion it's delicious!!! loved the pictures!

meme said...

jb--must I remind you that you only tried to open ONE crab. You took one look at the gills and yellow mustard and left the dock. I can't believe you didn't want to stick around for all the mess!!

JB said...

meme - oh, yeah...it's all coming back to me now....