Friday, September 14, 2007

The Member of The Wedding Cast - Part one

Current stars and future Bloggers.


The girls fix Eric's hair so it won't cover his face during rehearsal.


Acting out.Clockwise from the top they are Zac (Barney), Katy (Doris), Eric (John Henry), Lexi (Frankie), and Erin (Helen)

I asked each of them to provide me with a quote to accompany this blog entry.
Zac - "The Greek God."

Katy - "Barney, Barney, Barney."

Eric - "Ok everybody, try not to suck."

Lexi - "Look at me posing with all these young , left-over people!"

Erin - "...and furthermore, she is talented."


Except for Eric's quote these are all taken (more or less) from the script. You will have to see the play to figure out what they all mean.

These kids are so much fun and very talented. They make up half the cast of Barksdale Theatre's The Member of The Wedding opening (yikes) a week from tonight on Friday, September 21st.

As my loyal Blog readers already know, I am appearing in a cameo role. I call it that because it sounds much better than saying I don't do much. Of course, the children are still lucky to have me around to learn from. I am sure they study my every move and then jot all I say down in some special diary at the end of every rehearsal. They are lucky, indeed.

But enough about me - these guys stay busy doing all sorts of things and I will have future posts highlighting their individual achievements if they let me. For instance, Eric can't get his hair cut for the show until Sunday so he can finish filming an indy film he has been working on. That is why in the picture above the girls were pinning his hair back before our run through. Eric plays my son in the show. In real life, of course, I am way too young for that to have happened.

5 comments:

A.K. said...

good day for the show to start- that's my bday!

Anonymous said...

The kids look adorable, and I can't wait to see the play.
love and hugs,
(:

pnlkotula said...

They look sassy! Better keep an eye on your pockets...never know what you might find in them.

JB said...

It sounds like you have a story there pnlkotula!
A.K. - I will be thinking about you on opening! Hope you have a great Burfday!!

Anonymous said...

I love the kids they are all good in there own little ways!!