Monday, August 6, 2007

The River or the Beach?



When you live in Virginia you usually don't have to make a decision like that since you get them both. I was hoping it would be the same in NC and I was right. The top picture was were I spent most of Saturday ( Friday was rainy and would have been a great day to watch Cape Fear, oh well - I just have to let that go) and the bottom picture was my view from the terrace. When I wasn't out exploring the area I was usually sitting out on the terrace and reading or eating or drinking wine. It was beautiful.

The second night I was in the mood for a steak but had little money to spend. Roslyn suggested this tapas restaurant near the beach called Boca. It was perfect. Once again I brought Harry Potter as my date.

I started with a cheese and olive plate and then ordered steak au poivre. The steak came with a shredded potato cake and some fresh veggies. It melted in my mouth and was a bargain since it was tapas. Tapas portions are what I usually eat anyway so they are the perfect size meal for me and I like variety so with tapas you can order a lot of different things and still not look like a huge pig!
Harry Potter was great company but I didn't take him everywhere. I didn't want to be in this beautiful place with my head in a book the whole time so, even though I am loving this last book, I made sure to leave him behind some of the time.

No comments: