Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Re-creating a dish I liked at Edo Squid

I often crave this appetizer from Edo Squid. Great restaurant. Very loud and you wait forever for a table (even with a reservation) but totally worth it. Just go and be patient and wait at the bar with a nice glass of wine. That works for me. The smells coming out of the kitchen are amazing. They have a dish with white beans and arugula , olive oil and garlic and lemon (I think) . This is served with small pieces of grilled bread. Sounds fairly easy. I have never been able to successfully recreate it but I have come close enough to satisfy a quick craving.
Last week after the falafel and fried spinach didn't work out - I was still hungry and so I added some of the spinach in with some arugula I had and made a quick version of my Edo Squid salad. I used a can of navy beans with both greens and drizzled olive oil and lemon and garlic powder on top. I sliced a piece of pita I was going to use for my Falafel and drizzled that with olive oil and baked it for about 12 minutes until it was slightly brown. This wasn't as good as the actual one I had at Edo Squid on Saturday night but it was a nice consolation dinner the night everything else in the kitchen went wonky.

2 comments:

A.K. said...

i hear ya on the need for a consolation dinner after a mess up or "not so great" dinner- i have had to have a few of those with trying new recipes in these last few months... Scott just has learned if one is not so great the next night is going to be extra special to make up for it!

JB said...

That's the way it works AK - you are such a good little wifey! Hope your first day of teaching went well. We are thinking about you! XO