Thursday, August 23, 2007

Nightmare on Franklin Street

I want you to look at this box. Do not buy this brand of Falafel. Sorry Manischewitz but your falafel is scary. I was not having a good kitchen night to begin with and after the spinach debacle I just wanted some good old fried chick pea balls. I had this in the cabinet and followed the box instructions. I thought something was wrong right away when the balls didn't really stick together. I cooked them anyway but what I ended up with was a few burnt pieces and the gunk in this pan. At no time did this even slightly resemble falafel. Mmmmm.

This is where it all ended up.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, those photos are so damn funny and scary! Thank God you were not poisoned

Anonymous said...

at least you have a freat sense of humor!
(:

Anonymous said...

EEEWWWWW! That looks more like "feel awful"....

JB said...

I know! It is so gross. Ha-Ha!

mim said...

Me, too, I tried making falafel from a mix, not a Mani... mix, another brand, and it was awful. I was so disappointed. Do we have to make this from scratch?! Where can we get a good falafel sandwich in River City? Or do I have to wait to get to Paris and L'Ace du Falafel in the marais? Yup, the photos look pretty scary.

Anonymous said...

I don't know Mim, but I am going to do some research on this and I will get back with you!

Dave T said...

Some of the best falafel I ever had was cooked in a wok over a camp stove in the woods of Washington state. Maybe it was a locational problem?

Can't remember the name of the mix we used though. If I can find the name, would you be willing to try again? Or have you sworn off home falafel making forever?

JB said...

Oh Dave, please find out what that mix was. I will definetly try it!!