Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I'm Back!



Richard, Vickie and Gordon filling out the Trivia questions.

Holly and Laine make a Muffin face sandwich!
Kelly and Andy Making beautiful music
Eric entertaining the guests.



Steve O. and Bruno get things started.

Kelly reading the poem she wrote me!

Laine and Erin with the trivia gifts.

don't let Fern see this pic.....
more singing

I was stoked to see Brett and Audra - would their celeb name be Bredra?


My 3 beautiful Birthday cakes!

The hosts!


More filling out of the survey.

Barry and Roslyn!!

Scott and Robin are a pretty couple...


Bo and Jan (my intimate stranger)

So - I just noticed there was no pic of Debra and Joe or Robyn and Ginnie or Dave T. - Did anyone else take pics that night? If so let me know. I think Laine said she got pics of all the food at some point...

I have so many pictures and stories I hardly know where to begin.

OK - we'll start with my Birthday. Friday night the 23rd my BFF and Robert threw me a beautiful last-day-of-my-30's-party. There were many wonderful people and great surprises. I walked in to find everyone wearing a clown nose - I almost screamed and ran away but laughed instead. One of my only suggestions to Robert and Steve was that there be NO clowns at my party as I find them creepy as hell!

There was a very funny and embarrassing JB Trivia game that Steve P. won, of course. A few very creative presents - like Playwright, Bo Wilson and his wife Jan Guarino wrote an original story that is just beautiful and all about "JB at 40" , Kelly Kennedy wrote and performed a poem for me that was hilarious and touching and we had live musical entertainment until late into the evening.

It was truly a memorable night. Muffin face entered her 40's in style.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a bash! I have been waiting for the pics. They are fabulous. Must have been a night to remember.
Can't wait to hear more!
love and hugs,
(:ma

pnlkotula said...

Yay Muffin Face! We had a wonderful time at your celebration, and if you don't tell, I won't tell. That will give me a chuckle for as long as I live.

I have wanted to meet Paul D. for the longest time. He's so talented and so many of my friends adore him, and I just love his sweet wife...anyway, we finally had a lovely conversation at your party. And he's just as nice as I thought he would be. So thanks for having a birthday for all of us to enjoy!

Suzanne said...

It looks like you have an amazing and fun group of friends. I know I always liked hanging out with you when we were teenagers. The thought of being a teenager is more frightening than clowns.

On another note. I found Birenbaum on facebook and sent a message to see if it was him. I mentioned you and now all of the sudden I see him on YOUR friend list. He didn't reply to me or ask me to be his friend.
: (

Dave T said...

What a great party, JB! Many kudos to Steve and Robert for a grand time and to you for making it all possible. Hope you had a great trip, too.

PS: I think their celeb name should be Audrett.

Princess Crabass said...

If you look closely, I'm sitting on the sofa with Jan in the photo of Kelly reading the poem. That's enough of me until I get my roots done anyway.

JB said...

I see you now Robyn - and I have decided your celeb couple name is Ginbyn.

Princess Crabass said...

Ginbyn is much better than Robnie. By the way, I just looked at the picture again, and Ginnie is in there too - standing by the booze (of course).

Anonymous said...

OK, so the truth is, I AM in one of the pictures. Look at the first picture... Find Gordon (like that's hard!!)... Look over his head... See those two little dots of light? Those are my eyes. I have the uncanny ability to turn invisible whenever a camera is pointed my way. (So much for my TV/Video/Film career!) But occasionally, my eyes still shine through. It's just my sparkling personality, I guess!

SERIOUSLY, H B D, J B!!

And CONGRATS on "S V", too!! ;-)

JB said...

Thanks Joe! I personally like the pic of you with your clown nose. maybe the nose is magic and made you visable - so you can be a film star as long as you wear that clown nose!