Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Busy Muffin


I will be back soon with pics and stories from Savannah.

I started rehearsals this week for Shirley Valentine - a one woman play I will be doing at the Barksdale at Hanover Tavern. I have never done a show at the Tavern so I am excited to have that experience. The talented Ms Amy Berlin is directing and so far we are having a fab time. It is double-fab and mega-brill. However, I have a butt load of lines to learn - and that is the easy part, ya know, so this little ol' blog has been neglected and might be for a couple days. Please don't stop visiting. I promise I will be back soon to regale you with vacation stories and pics and more from the fabulous life of Muffin Face.

read about the play and show times at http://www.barksdalerichmond.org/

Shirley Valentine
July 11 - August 24, 2008
By Willy Russell

“Absolutely smashing.” New York Post

Call 804-282-2620

Jill Bari Steinberg stars as Shirley, a wisecracking middle-class English housewife . As she prepares “chips ‘n’ eggs” for dinner, she ruminates on her life, talking to the wall about such subjects as her husband, her children, her past and, a rather attractive offer she has just received from a girlfriend to on holiday to Greece. After her unappreciative husband shuns dinner, Shirley sees her opportunity to temporarily escape the drudgery of her life and leaves a note on the kitchen table that reads “Off to Greece. Back in two weeks.” While in Greece, she rediscovers her zest for life… and a Greek fisherman. This award winning one-woman play is rich with the comedy of real life.


Tickets are $39 / $36 with a Ukrops Valued Customer Card.*

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Conconalations! The Dean and I can't wait to see the show....

Sparki

JB said...

Thanks- Can you come opening night??

Anonymous said...

get busy with the butt load of lines!!!
Can't wait!
love and hugs,
(:ma

pnlkotula said...

Can't wait to see you! I know you'll be smashing!

Arties32 said...

ha ha my mother said "butt load"

Anonymous said...

was only repeating my daughter's words!
(:

Suzanne said...

I don't know how you do it. Respect! I'd love to see you in a show some time (of course I did see you in West Side Story way back when). Were you in The Wiz, too?

JB said...

oh yes - I was Dorothy in the Wiz - but you will rarely catch me doing a musical these day!!!