Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Greetings from Sunny Miami!


Muffinface at camp - flirting with some boys. (The one on the right is now a Rabbi and the boy on the left became my cousin. )
I am back in the "homeland" playing shuffle board and soaking up the sun with my people. Can you believe there is no decent Chinese restaurant here? That was a shocker. Yesterday I arrived from Atlanta. I have many pics and stories to share already and I still have 6 more days left here. I will be blogging about family and food so stay tuned.

I wanted to say a quick thank you (and I will elaborate later) to everyone I saw on Friday night. My BFF and Robert threw me a Birthday party that was truly memorable and touching.

I must go back to the pool for now.

Oh yea, I am 40 now! WooHoo.

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow - I'd recognize those yellow walls anywhere. But I can't figure out what building that is - was there a water fountain at the Oolam?

If my basement remodel is ever complete I'll have to scan some pics for you. Who is the kid on the right?

Suzanne said...

Oh, it is the mirpesed of the misrad, isn't it (refer to previous comment).

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! truly, miami is your homeland.(:

Arties32 said...

I think it's the porch up top along the wall next to the door of the library- maybe I was there, I don't remember.

Arties32 said...

Suzanne, JB says she thought it was Andy Vogel but upon second look, she thinks she's wrong. Wasn't his name Paul something? We don't know. So little kid w/the retainer, if you are ever reading this, tell us your name!

Anonymous said...

Was it Paul Koppel?(:

JB said...

OMG yes. Paul Coppel.

Janine Serresseque said...

Your birthday party was so much fun! We had to drive to Michigan the next morning so we were only going to stay for a few minutes, but we had so much fun we couldn't leave!

Hope you're having a wonderful visit.

Suzanne said...

I think the mirpesed of the misrad is the name for the porch by the sifria and office. The porch I was actually thinking of is the one between the hotel and that single room with the carpet. I totally forget the name of the room or the porch. The building was kind of between the Chadar and the Office, but across from them if that makes sense.

The name Paul Koppel sounds familiar but I can't help there except to say I'm quite sure it isn't Andy. Andy and David Sloane came to visit me in Cols my senior year of H.S. and we had so much fun. He was such a nice guy.

What was your friend Janine doing in MI? I live there. I think she is the one who made a really nice comment about my bunny, Simon, on Jenn's 2nd blog.