Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Miami Memories.

So - We were still in Miami, we were all discussing what we would have for dinner one night. I am sure we were eating lunch at the time. You know those vacations that just go from meal to meal? Beth got a wild look in her eye and said she wanted homemade french fries. My Sissy just rolled her eye's like she must have been joking. I knew Beth was marinating ribs for us but I thought yum, homemade fries sounds great. I asked my sissy why she had said no to making the fries and she began to explain to me what a pain in the ass they were to make. You clean the potatoes, you slice them, you soak them, and on and on. I just looked at her and said "Yea, you know what else is a pain in the ass? DRIVING TO MIAMI! Now suck on it and get busy with those homemade fries already." What can I say? I have a special way of talking to people. Needless to say- she made the fries. They were honestly the best french fries I have even tasted, hands down. And the ribs - OMG - they were tender and juicy and so tasty. Thanks ladies for another great meal!


I napped here while my sissy was preparing the potatoes.


The wall of my pool house at night with the reflection of the pool on the wall.


The final product.


The soaking spuds.


mmmm. hot out of the fryer.


lot-o-ribs.

6 comments:

pnlkotula said...

I'm moving in with your sissy. What a lovely place AND two great cooks - what's not to love?? (It's been a while since I wanted to move in with you or Janine - maybe you guys should just move in with me.)

Anonymous said...

yes, I know I ate all the time on my visit. All fabulous food!
no snacking on cheerios like I do at home!
(:

Anonymous said...

Was reading a review of a friend's tv show and for some reason, thought I would see if you were still acting. Pleased to see you have kept busy and making the most of your gift. With your talent was hopeful you would reach the NY stage; but based on your blog, you seem happy right where you are. Your mom continues to look ageless, has to share whatever she is self-subscribing. And you an aunt, craziness. On a minor style note, like the straight hair look in your headshot. Wish you well.

Arties32 said...

You do have a certain way with words..and really the pain part of it has nothing to do with prepping the spuds...but has everything to do with the fryer I had. Or any fryer I have used. Pain to clean, makes a greasy mess...and this one was the highest rated. Now it's in a landfill. And I am still cleaning grease off of my countertop. I thought they were great, too- so it was good that my last batch was a tasty one! Those ribs were pretty unbelievable.

Janine Serresseque said...

I laughed so hard when I read this! You really DO have a way with words.
Home made fries are amazing, damn them. Andy makes brilliant "chips."

JB said...

who is this anon? if you visit again please use a name- I figured you are someone I knew a while ago.