Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Vacay Chronicles..1st stop - Atlanta

I arrived at My Brothers house in Roswell around dinner time on my Birthday. The house is a picturesque cottage in a beautiful sunken yard. When I walked in there was a shinny banner that was hanging up and other fun 40 decorations around. We cooked out and caught up on things. I finally met my nephew, Chip. He is beautiful as you can see below. Because of shows and other commitments I had not seen my brother's family in a couple years so there was definitely catching up to do. The second day there we went to the Squaller at the Haller, or something like that. It was a really fun BBQ joint in a cool little artsy neighborhood. The live music was wonderful and I will definitely return there on my next trip.
The ribs were great but the fried green tomatoes (previously blogged about on my sissy's post) were not up to par. The local beer was excellent. The service was also just OK - but we were all there together so we had a great time. My niece was by my side for two days and I loved it. I miss her (and the rest of the Steinberg Crew) already! There are no pics of my beautiful Sister-in-Law because she made me promise not to post any - but I love her just the same!
The first night we sat up and talked until very late and the second night my brother and Steve O. played guitar for us. It was awesome!!
We hit the road a couple days later at 6:30 am bound for Miami - after driving about 1/2 an hour in the wrong direction Steve O realized he left his guitar behind. I think my niece was a little confused when we walked back in the house. Soon we were really on our way and 11 or so short hours later we pulled into my Sissy and Beth's house in sunny Miami. Stay tuned for for the next instalment of The Vacay Chronicles...........if you dare. (or if I haven't bored you to tears already).


My Atlanta Birthday Cake!!!




Thing Two and Auntie Muffin Face.






Squaller Ribs


Squaller Pulled Pork


Little Brother plays some tunes

My Niece

Thing Two and Steve O.

the chippster with his Pop
She has a flair for the dramatic

What a Punim!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

6:17 AM. Sure...

It's Swallow at the Hollow, but I kinda like Squaller. It works. I'm glad ya'll are back safe and sound. We miss you and had so much fun. I'm sorry that we missed seeing The Captain wear that hat. Can't wait to see you again next time. XOXOXO Leli

JB said...

Ha-Ha - Squaller at the Holler- I was trying to make that work!
I am sure you will see The Captain in that hat again - he doesn't take it off now!

Arties32 said...

The hat IS Steve. It looks like he was meant to wear it- doesn't it? I love your Atlanta pics, and yes, it's Swallow at the Hollow!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great, and I am so happy that you will chronicle your visits!
love and hugs,
(:ma

Janine Serresseque said...

Your niece with those snaggle-teeth is so cute! I am a pushover for a gap-toothed kid. I bet you are a rockin auntie! Welcome to a new decade.

pnlkotula said...

I must squeeze that baby...not that I want another one, mind you.

JB said...

thanks ladies - I love those kids and My niece's tooth (and lack there of) is the cutest thing in the world!! I wish it was that cute when I lose my teeth but I just look bad!