Monday, June 30, 2008

A Feast from The White Dog


Strip steaks


Billy Bread


Stuffed Eggplant


Salad and peacn crusted Goat Cheese.


Marinated Flank steak.

So my BFF is out of town directing a show in Idaho and having a great time. I am checking in on his house from time to time and it has been a great respite from my terrible, stinky, bug ridden house. Saturday night after Mama Zu's Steve and I hung out with some friends and ended our evening at The White Dog. They will be closed for Vacation for the next week and a half -where will I go? Anyway, Ros and Barry gave us tons of food that otherwise would have gone bad. Of course I couldn't cook it at my house so I cooked it at Steve P's. I invited Robert and made it a party. It was great just to get to cook again. The only thing missing was my BFF. Here are some pics of the free food we scored. Was it maybe my karmic treat for having to deal with the folks at Mama Zu's?

8 comments:

Arties32 said...

Yes- could have been karma. Looks awesome. You could freeze some for your BFF to enjoy upon his return!

JB said...

I think we ate it all. Also there was bread pudding - I didn't have any but Steve O. and Robert did.

Anonymous said...

I heart White Dog.

Sparki

pnlkotula said...

Dang! We were there Friday night - didn't know we could score on Saturday... Had the chocolate cake with the 5th avenue bar in the frosting...OMG

JB said...

Well, before they go on Vacay every year they ask selected regulars and their staff to take this food that would go bad - I don't want to make it sound like they were just throwing raw meet around - I am sure that is not legal.

Jacquie O. said...

Stuffed Eggplant!!! Are you sure there are no leftovers?

Princess Crabass said...

Have I been banned from Steve's house when he's not there?

JB said...

Why would that be Robyn? Have you taken advantage of his house in some way, in the past?
Seriously - if I wasn't doing this show I would say it is time for a sequal to the Steve book - we need to plan that for the future.