Monday, June 9, 2008

More Miami

My Sissy loves artichokes! When we were growing up my Mom used to make them a lot. Especially on Birthdays. As I recall, we had artichokes and fondue for a lot of birthday meals - followed by my Mothers amazing grasshopper chocolate cake. ...but I digress ....
My Sissy and I found these beautiful artichokes in Wild Oats in Miami. I am not sure what you do with the stems but we threw them out. They were pretty though.











Sissy trimmed the leaves before steaming them.




It was fun to use the cool artichoke plates I found for them in the LVA gift shop last year.


These strips were perfectly done.

served with roasted reds.


The table was pretty with all the artichoke plates!

Yummy homemade hollandaise sauce was perfect for the artichokes and the steak as well.

After a long hard day of floating in the pool and drinking rum and coke, this dinner really hit the spot. We had many good meals together in Miami but this was a real treat since it had been so many years since I had artichokes. Thanks Beth and Sissy.
More Miami food and families stories to come.............

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks so good! Wish I had been there!
love and hugs,
(:

Anonymous said...

Wait...I thought you were allergic to them? Was she trying to knock you off?!! Leli

Janine Serresseque said...

I am literally salivating. You devil woman.
A long time ago you posted pics of a gorgeous artichoke pie. I am still thinking of it. Please share.

JB said...

No, Leli, I am allergic to avacado's - I am fine with Artichokes. Thank g-d!

Anonymous said...

Yum! I love artichokes! Chickie Face and I used to get an incredible artichoke appetizer at Cheesecake Factory. They were roasted in some sort of balsamic glaze....

Miss you-
Sparki

Arties32 said...

I'll never forget that, Sparki. And they only had them in season..so watch out if I went there and they told me they didn't have the artichoke appetizer!!! I went to some fancy restaurant in Richmond one time only because someone told me they had them on the appetizer menu. I went and they didn't have them THAT NIGHT. I never went back there! Soured me on the place. Was it with you, Sparki?? I'm not sure but it might have been.