Monday, July 2, 2007

Chillin with my NFF's

I love this statue holding up the table in the foyer

The biggest Lilly's Mom had ever seen


A kissing bowl from Mexico


I love her face!

The lunch table


The Anti pasta


Holy Cannoli


I don't even know where to start so I will start with the food. Saturday my Mother came into town to see my BFF in Into the Woods with his mother. More on that later.

Saturday afternoon my Mother and I were invited to lunch with one of my new Favorite couples. Since I am leery of posting real names - (unless you are an actor and have had your name splashed across everything already or you have specifically asked me to be called something else) I will call them my new fabulous friends or NFF's for short. So - Mother and I travel to Monument Ave where the lions greet us along with huge beautiful flowers in the front yard. We have wonderful cheese and crackers and fruit while we sip wine and talk frantically and excitedly to our NFF's. This is where time just stands still - you have no idea how much time has passed because you are having so much fun and enjoying yourself and basically basking in the idea that you must be pretty cool to have these folks as friends. We were eventually brought into the kitchen and a beautiful spread of anti pasta awaited us. We had more wine with the anti pasta and a wonderful fresh pumpkin ravioli in a olive oil butter sauce. Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is! I didn't get a picture of the pasta because I ate it too fast! It was accompanied by fresh bread from Cancan. The meal ended with homemade cannoli. I would have married it if I could. She filled the sweet cannoli filling with crumbs of chocolate and pistachios and white raisins. I savored every last bite. I am sure glad they didn't go to any trouble to entertain us! :) Everything is beautiful in their house - they have somehow struck a cord between upscale and non-pretentious. Their home is filled with art and furniture from their travels. I am sure they think I am a big dork for taking pictures but I couldn't pass up the chance to share it. With all I have mentioned about their lovely house and amazing food the thing I look forward to the most would be just seeing them again. I hope it is soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have put it better myself!
love and hugs,
(:ma