Wednesday, July 18, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE ONE WHO MADE ME!!

That's her to the far right. The one we call ma. I love this pic of her. We were walking to the beach for my sissy's wedding. Look how happy she is! We have so much fun together. What some folks don't know about my mother is she is one of the funniest people I have ever met. She loves to tell stories about all her children. Sometimes they really happened - apparently I was naked a lot when I was little.
I do have a vague recollection of running around naked but I swear I never got poison ivy at camp- that was someone else.
But really mom, you did so much for us when we were young:
you mended us when we were scraped
we got a chocolate bar and a Slurpee whenever we had to pick up a prescription
you cooked so many yummy meals (lasagna not withstanding)
you dressed us very well (even if we wore turtlenecks in Miami in July)
you took us fun places (swimming, drive-in movies, refugee picnic's)
and you gave us dimetapp everyday, whether we needed it or not.
...and you put up with a lot of %$&# from me! I love you! See you Saturday Mom for our Day of Beauty!

3 comments:

Arties32 said...

Happy Birthday, Mama. You don't need a day of beauty because you are already too beautiful. But if our little Muffin Face is going too, I guess it's worthwhile ha haa

JB said...

you mean sissy!

Anonymous said...

jb,
Those are the nicest birthday thoughts that a ma can get!
love and hugs and kisses,
(:ma