Friday, July 13, 2007

Anatomy of a Casserole

I know these are backwards so go from the bottom up. This is the finished casserole. I had to taste it before taking its picture!
I added tomato, Parmesan, garlic, basil and oregano to the onions. I put the eggplant and sauce in a casserole dish and covered it with Mozzarella cheese. I let that bake for about 10 minutes while I boiled some angel hair. I removed it from the oven and put the angel hair on top of the melting mozzarella than I topped it with more mozzarella a little sharp cheddar.
I sauteed onions in a little olive oil.
I dipped the eggplant slices in egg and then breadcrumbs before I baked them. I placed a cooling rack over a cookie sheet to keep the eggplant crispy as it baked.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOD! You know eggplant is my favorite food in the whole world. Did you save me some? Can you make me some for my birthday and Christmas and Easter and Halloween...

JB said...

of Course!! I should have it perfected by one of those Holidays!

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks good. Did you and Honey Nut Yummers finish it all or did you save some for The K & me?

Pop

JB said...

I forgot all about Yummers (aka Zingers). That is so funny Pop! We ate it all but I will make you guys dinner next time you visit!! XO

pnlkotula said...

Okay, so that looks really delicious, but those of us "kitchen-challenged" can't handle the "I threw a little of this and a little of that" kind of recipes. I won a gift certificate to My Girlfriend's Kitchen at a silent auction - now THAT's good cookin'! The mess stays there! I'll let you know if it tastes like @#$% or not.

JB said...

Miss Kotula - what is "My Girlfriends Kitchen"?