Thursday, June 28, 2007

Girls night out!

dinner

We decided if we were mannequins we would look like these three ladies - it was funny after a few Saki-tinis or sunrises or coconut milks or whatever those things were called! My lovely friends!

I am all for trying new things - I just usually don't try them myself. Last night I was fortunate enough to be included on an outing with two of the coolest (and most talented) women around. If you don't believe me check out http://www.jennifermassey.com/ or http://www.whisperrecording.com/

I have been fortunate enough to have done a couple shows with these ladies and they still talk to me.

They wanted sushi so who was I to deny them that pleasure? I hate sushi but I love other things you can get at sushi places such as edamami, miso soup, tofu, tempura - I was not worried about leaving there hungry. Sushi looks so pretty and I was feeling rather brave after a couple exotic drinkies and I decided I would try some yellow tail sushi and some eel. I LOVE SUSHI!! OK - I wasn't crazy at all about the eel but the yellow tail on rice (not rolled - don't like seaweed) was like butter. "Like butter" was a phrase we used a lot last night. There were other phrases too but you know what they say...what happens at the sushi bar stays at the sushi bar!!
And I got some great fish recipes I will definitely try soon so be on the look out for those.
Thanks ladies - can't wait to do it again!



7 comments:

Arties32 said...

JILL BARI I AM WETTING MY PANTS!

A.K. said...

we're getting you up to maryland to cook us some fish!!! yummy! can't wait to be back up there in about 2 1/2 weeks! miss you and HNS (is that right?!)

JB said...

That's right A.K.
- I got a great tilapia recipe I will try out on you guys! Stay safe! We are thinking about you guys out there. :)

JB said...

and arties32 - whoever you are - my name is Muffin Face - who is this Jill Bari?

Le Synge Bleu said...

oh god do i miss sushi! (can't eat it until after the baby's born) i'm glad you've been inaugurated into the wonderful world that is yummy sushi!there's a place right near us that has all you can eat sushi and all yuo can drink sake for $25/person. there are tears rolling down my face as i type this.

Arties32 said...

Oh sorry I meant shmill shmarry

JB said...

Le Synge Blue - one day we can eat and drink together again! We'll just need the guys to babysit! Write when you can and update me on the apt. hunt. anything I can do? etc etc....