Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Pie Stands Alone



We came back from the beach on Sunday so there will be pics to share soon. A fun time was had by all and even though I don't have the pics posted to prove it yet- my new nephew (thing 5) is very beautiful.

My sister posted a picture on her blog yesterday that made my mouth water. It was an artichoke pie she made. My sister is CRAZY about artichokes. Even though she is already happily married, I think she would marry one if she could. I found the recipe she used on food.com and tried it out last night. It was labeled as "medium" so it was a bit intimidating but it really wasn't hard at all. It was fun actually. I won't write the recipe here since it is rather long and involved. I must say it turned out so pretty HNS and I didn't want to cut into it... but we did.

HNS wanted twice baked potatoes and I had some spuds to get rid of so I made those too. I took a pic of them but just aren't as pretty as the pie.

My sisters recipe was good but I added some cut bacon and a little grated parm.

Does anyone have any different variations on this? I would love more comments!!

4 comments:

Arties32 said...

You're right...I have a very unnatural crush on artichokes. I was born that way, is that so wrong? Your pie looks wonderful and it's so cute with the little hearts on it. The changes you made sound perfect. It's also good left over. Too rich for some people but I looove it :)

Le Synge Bleu said...

mmmmmmmm....mmmmmmm....hungry....

when are we invited to dinner?

JB said...

awww Le synge bleu and the Boar have an open invitation to le bari's - get here soon!!!

mim said...

I'm am so wanting to make artichoke pie now! Why oh why did I have to find out about this!?