Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Vegetarian Feast


The night I made the artichoke pie I also made a few other things. The artichoke pie just upstaged them. I thought I would share pics of them anyway in case anyone was interested.


I had a tomato that had to be used before it went too mushy on me. It was actually perfect. I could have stopped there and just had the sliced tomato with oil and salt but I also had an English cucumber so I sliced that up and added it to my salad. It was a light accompaniment to the rest of my dinner.... the over fried tofu and the artichoke pie.
Last night I made the artichoke pie with asparagus, mushrooms and sweet onions instead of the artichokes and it was very good and very pretty but a bit soggy. I will post a pic of it later.
Since the main course was vegetarian I made a salad with mixed greens and thinly sliced and marinated beef in a light Cesar dressing with toasted almond slivers. That was as good as the pie!

5 comments:

Arties32 said...

The tomatoes and cucumbers look delish!!!

JB said...

The tofu doesn't look too good, does it? It was also very bland. I love it in restaurants but I am not sure what to do with it at home!

Arties32 said...

I only like tofu at Chinese restaurants- spicy with black beans!

mim said...

Oooh reading this made me hungry and i just had a good lunch! Go figure. I had some lentil-kale soup that Noah made with some salad of all organic stuff from our CSA share. mmmm good. I downloaded an artichoke pie recipe and can't wait to make it...and now to know i can use other veggies, yes! Tofu can be very tasty, one just needs the right recipe. I have a barbecue tofu recipe that everyone, even non-tofu eaters, like.

Anonymous said...

Someone must send muffin a good tofu recipe because I have the same problem! And I just love it...but only when I eat out because I can't make it right at home.