Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I know this looks gross

I tried my sissy's recipe for easy chocolate bread pudding. I followed the directions diligently. It came out looking like this. Also, it was more crunchy then, well, pudding-ey. I basically had dark chocolate flavored bread. And as good as that sounds you would think it was at least tasty, it wasn't. I will try again since I love chocolate. Clearly I had bread that was too thick for the amount of sauce. I watched it sit in the fridge for 2 days before I baked it. The anticipation was killing me - only to end up with what you see above. It may take me a while to recover. I am sure there is a lesson to be learned here but I am too hungry to think of what it could be.


Today is definitely one of those days best spent in bed. Too bad I am not there now. At least Paris is out of jail. I guess my invite to her freedom party got lost in the mail. She must still have my old address. I am sure that is what happened. That or she saw this blog and thought I would bring the pudding.

7 comments:

oneeyeddog said...

Okay, I never thought in a million years that I would post anything on a recipe blog, but I'm laughing my ass off at that bread! It reminds me of when my mom used to try to make fudge and we would all wait in anticipation for it to harden only of course it never did and we had to eat it with a spoon.

You're probably right about your invitation to the Freedom Party. You can be my guest. Wanna bring that bread?

Anonymous said...

It tased pretty good to me, but then again I'll eat just about anything covered in chocolate.
HNS

Arties32 said...

If you fall off a horse, you have to get right back on. Make it again- I used the same recipe and mine was out of this world. Your bread must have been too thick. TRY AGAIN!!!!!! You won't be sorry.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of when I had three kids in diapers...after they ate a box of Raisin Bran. Oops. Sorry. It's got a ways to go before it catches the egg, butter, cheese, butter, cheese, butter egg dish! If only Paris knew about that....surely you would have an invite with your next heartbeat!

pnlkotula said...

Good to see you make mistakes like the rest of us poor unskilled non-chefs.

JB said...

Betsy - your comment made me laugh! I can't picture those big boys of your in diapers!! :)

Anonymous said...

So sad to report that I am so old that I even remember HNS sporting the diaper thing!