Friday, June 22, 2007

חזיר - or Khazer

A meal full of pig. I made bone-in pork chops a couple nights ago. But I didn't stop there...I also made scalloped potatoes rich enough to choke a pig. Then a salad of mixed greens with toasted almonds. The chops turned out well. I have a tendency to over cook pork. It is not something I grew up eating. We did not keep kosher but still did not have pork in the house. When I go to restaurants and have pork that is a little pink I eat it and enjoy it. If I cook it and there is pink inside I fear instant yet painful death. This makes no sense, I am aware. I pan fried the chops in olive oil and kosher salt. Funny how the pork doesn't reject the kosher salt, perhaps I broke all rules of man and g-d. I like to live on the edge that way!
My sissy's blog happens to feature pork today too - I know I plagiarized a bit on Father's Day but this entry is really a coincidence. We have a lot of the same taste. Does anyone else have any good pork recipes? Do share - and Shabbat Shalom y'all!!
PS - HNS and I went to the opening (and World Premiere) of Austin's Bridge last night. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and I will share that experience soon.

5 comments:

Arties32 said...

That post is hilarious! Those potatoes look great- everything does, it's one of those food shots I always take that if you actually ate all the food on your plate, you would drop dead.

Arties32 said...

and you had the nerve to serve bread, too! i love you!

JB said...

oh yeah- and the bread was buttered, toasted and then buttered again!!I tried to find a shot with only one slice on the plate so I would look a little less piggy....but I couldn't!!!

A.K. said...

i'm definitely not letting scott see this blog- he'll think i'm a horrible wife/cook! all i made was grilled chix last night- okay lets rephrase that... I MARINATED and he was the one that did the cooking!

Anonymous said...

Shit! I just got mustard on my pants. Can I borrow your tide to go pen?