Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Christmas Story Opening Night

raising the roof
Gordon and Robert. Who knew?
looking good guys.
Charlie's Little Devils?
awwww!!!!

A row of pretty Timberlines!!
Robyn O and Jennings, also pretty.
A tired Timberline
The boys line up ala Brady Bunch for our amusement.

Go see A Christmas Story at Theatre IV!!!
You may recognize Eric (who played my son in Member of the Wedding) in some of the above pictures. He does a great job as one of Ralphie's friends. He is smart and funny and I love watching him on stage. I think he is going to have a nice long career ahead of him.
The littlest tyke is Dave Timberline's son who plays Randy. His timing is amazing and he has stage presence to spare. I was impressed with how well he held his own around the older actors. I think Dave better get used to having an actor in the family. Really, it is not so bad.

This play was engaging and witty and every bit as entertaining as the movie. I even liked it more because I love watching theatre more than movies. I am funny that way.
The adults were wonderful and the kids were amazing. I didn't know how much young talent we had around. It seems to be a great year for Theatre IV to do Peter Pan again. I hope to see some of these boys on stage again soon. Great job and congratulations to all involved!

7 comments:

BenD said...

all I want to know... did they have "the lampshade"? We're going to see it... glad to hear it got a good review from JB.

JB said...

Lampshade? You mean the "Major Award"? I wouldn't want to ruin the suprise. Go see it!!

BenD said...

I meant just the leg lamp that's in the movie... BUT don't give anything away.

JB said...

in the movie the Dad calls the leg lamp his "major Award". How was open mic Tuesday?

BenD said...

Open mic at Poe's Pub was fun... I met Jim... fun to watch him on the bongos clutching a big fat cigar. I was impressed with many of the acts. I knew several of the musicians and met a couple more. If I actually decide to play one night night, I'm going to have to practice a LOT to keep up with that caliber of musicians.

Dave T said...

But those actor types all come from dysfunctional families! What does that say about mine?!?!?

Glad you liked "Story" -- Coop's still having a great time. So maybe I should stockpile some autographs now in preparation for cashing in down the road?

JB said...

good idea Dave. about the autograph - not the Dysfunction. That made me LAUGH!