Sunday, December 16, 2007

Another pic stolen from my Sissy's blog

My mom gave me a great gift on Thanksgiving this year. We were relaxing (after stuffing ourselves) in a beautiful house on Va Beach that my youngest step sister owns. Which reminds me - I need to thank her for that - my Mom and I were the only ones there that night. My moms gift was a story about what happened the night I was born and brought back from the hospital. I was in the crib and my big sister (who was almost 3 at the time) was dancing around my crib singing " I have a sister, I have a sister!"

After spending most our lives together, through adolescent fights and other sister issues - that is my favorite way of picturing her - just dancing and clapping her hands in appreciation of me being alive. I would have done the same for her. I would now.

She recently posted this picture on her blog:
It made me think of a couple things. First I was so focused on licking the icing that I didn't even notice a picture was being taken. That is not like me. That must have been some good icing and second - do you see the container of Bon Ami in the background? I know this (and the clothes) date me but isn't that cleaner/ toxic disinfectant a little close to the food?
This explains a lot.

2 comments:

Arties32 said...

I laughed and cried while reading your post. I can see why YOU think the bon ami is too close to the food. Being the daughter who inherited the OCD gene, I think that cleanser should always be an arm's length away. I was saving that photo up all year for the perfect opportunity, and then when I posted it, and really looked at it, it made me miss you so much. I'm glad you liked it, too. Love-

Anonymous said...

Jill Bari-
I didn't put Bon Ami in the food! I still use it. It's scatchless on stainless steel!
Don't blame it on the Bon Ami!
Wish I could have seen the holiday review at Barksdale.
love and hugs,
(: