Friday, December 21, 2007

Baked Spaghetti Ala Vacation






I had not been feeling great this week and needed to pamper myself. I don't do that by eating but by cooking. My BFF and Robert came by to eat and plan a vacation for New Years. More on that later.
For the baked spaghetti I started with browning ground round and adding fresh mushrooms, grated parm and assorted herbs. After all that cooked down I added my sauce. meanwhile I put some angel hair in the bottom of the casserole dish and covered that with bow tie pasta. I covered the bow tie pasta with a layer of shredded cheddar and covered that cheese with the rest of the angel hair. Kind of like a lasagna. I topped that with the sauce and covered it all with sliced provolone. Since the best baked spaghetti I ever had is from Joe's and they top theirs with provolone it just doesn't taste like baked spaghetti to me without that cheese on top. It browns nicely too and forms a great crust.
As my BFF was stuffing the food into his mouth he said "Nothing on my plate sucks."
I felt so warm and fuzzy.
I also made a salad with cucumbers, toasted almond slices and Mandarin oranges.
Oh, and Robyn O. - how about we extend our contest one month? Seriously.

6 comments:

Janine Serresseque said...

Jumpin Jesus on a pogo stick, that looks good. I'm starving!

JB said...

Your comment made me pee a little.

Princess Crabass said...

Consider the competition extended! Now will you make me that pasta? (btw, if we quit now, you would probably win - but we'll never know, will we?)

Anonymous said...

LOOKS YUMMY!
(:

pnlkotula said...

"Nothing on my plate sucks" is my new favorite quote...

Anonymous said...

When is your next Pasta A La JB night? I will bring all the wine...PLEASE FEED ME!!!