Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Kelly and Paul's Christmas Eve Caroling party

This room was packed with singers.
This may be one of my favorite pictures ever. Late in the evening Paul had punked out his hair. At lease it matched his wife's dress.
The whole family dressed up for us!
The glowing, expecting newlyweds.

As I looked over the invite on the morning of the party I noticed it suggested we bring finger food. I had nothing like that on hand so I checked in my cupboard to see what I had.
I found some spinach and a can of artichokes. I grilled some onions and combined the spinach and artichokes, fresh grated Swiss, and a little mayo just to hold it all together. I found wonton wrappers in my fridge and decided they would work as finger food. I added some spices as well and filled the wrappers and gave them a quick fry. They took about 5 seconds to cook once they hit the hot oil. I made a few different shapes just for variety and they turned out crispy and tasty. Not at all greasy. I served them room temperature. I just love the before and after pictures. Thankfully, they were a huge hit! I will definitely make these again.






6 comments:

pnlkotula said...

Mmmmm...fried stuff

Janine Serresseque said...

And those impromptu morsels were dee-licious! I'm with Lisa. If you wrap it in a bread like substance, like a wonton wrapper, and you deep fry it, I will definitely eat it.

mim said...

Wow, for spur of the moment finger food...amazing. I'd never have thought of that! Yum!

JB said...

Thanks - believe it or not these were surprisingly light. I even had them sitting on a red doily and there were no grease stains on it. Doily...strange word.

Arties32 said...

I'm sure the party was OKAY but next year, make wassail and you will have a FABULOUS time. See my blog for the recipe. Mom even drank it with gusto. Yes, you read it right. Gusto.

Anonymous said...

Gusto. Heh.