Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas party food and pics

Erin and Tony had their annual Holiday open house party last week and I had a blast contributing food and hanging out with good friends. There was great food all around this party. Andy made some amazing mini chocolate cream puff things and I saw a roasted veggie plate that Laine made. My absolute favorite thing every year is Gordon's sausage balls. I had more than my share as I was waiting for his balls all year long. I could talk about his balls all night but ...moving on. Erin made a gazillion things as usual and every thing was yummy. Erin loves my cucumber sandwiches and meatballs so that is what I made for this party. Unfortunately I have no idea where I put those pics so please enjoy these pics of some of the lovely guests.





The last pic was my "surprise pic" from Richard and Vicky. See, before digital cameras my sister and I made a game out of steeling each others cameras whenever we were at the same event and secretly taking a pic that the other would only come across after the pics were developed. I recall something about a urinal in one shot and a ceramic cat in another. I told Vicky and Richard this story before leaving the room for a minute and when I came home I found they had carried on the tradition of leaving me a "surprise pic"! Notice how they are all wearing red?
I hope all my readers had a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

8 comments:

Arties32 said...

We just read your new posts and love them. I'm wondering, though, does the fact that you were drinking mimosas during the meatball making have anything to do with the fact that you can't find those pictures? If you forgot, those are the pictures that had a shot of your mimosa in each one!!??!!??
:)
Love Chickie Face and Mother of Chickie Face and Muffin Face (and Papoose) - ma :)

JB said...

Yes - those are for an upcoming post entitled "Cooking under the influence". I just have to remember where I put them. (I know where they are - JK)
But just ask mom how well I can toss back those mimosas. :)

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute.... Is that Paul Deiss? We went to High School together!

JB said...

Is that you Sparkie?

Anonymous said...

It is. Sorry, my google account thing didn't work....

JB said...

I bet Paul looks just the same. What a cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

I am sure that Paul Deiss has found the fountain of youth and he is just not sharing the location with the rest of us! Sigh!

Gordo's sausage meatballs! I first had them back in 1988 when we were touring. I stopped eating red meat a year later...but I still will have one of his meatballs every Christmas because DAMN THEY ARE TOO GOOD TO MISS!!!

JB said...

so true about Paul. He always looks good and hasn't aged a bit since I have known him. Do you think he is holding out on us??
Maybe it has something to do with Gordon's balls. They are magical too!