Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Squash Casserole


I bet you all were wondering where I was.

To say the week has been busy doesn't really start to cover it but you get the idea. I hope I have been missed.
I want to give a shout out to my beautiful Sis-in-Law who's birthday I completely missed. I am so sorry and I hope it was great.

I was lucky enough to be invited to celebrate Chanukah with one of my favorite families.
Since it was the first time I had been to their home I decided to leave my camera behind. But - heads up Timberline's - next time I will definitely be bringing it along. We had savory and colorful sweet potato latkies and a great curry and turkey dish. I am waiting on the recipe so I can share that with you all. And it was all very healthy stuff so I could eat it guilt-free. It doesn't really seem like Chanukah without the guilt but still....

I finally cooked a squash casserole from a recipe Lisa K. gave me. This was less healthy but not too bad. I mean there was squash and zucchini involved so that's gotta count for something.

I sauteed the onions until they were a little caramelized and then laid them in the bottom of the dish. I also sauteed the squash even though the recipe didn't say to do so. I guess I par-cooked them. After I layered them on top of the onions I grated some nice sharp cheddar and covered the dish with it.

then I mixed together 2 eggs, 4 tablespoons of Bisquick, and one cup of milk. I poured that mixture over everything and cooked it for an hour at 350.

I think it turned out well. It was great to finally have time to make this simple and yummy recipe and to share it with such great folks. Thank you Timberline's!!


5 comments:

Arties32 said...

It's just Timberlines. Are you throwing in apostrophes like a sniper just to push my buttons? Anyway, yes, you have been VERY missed. :) Welcome back. Happy last day of Chanukah!

Anonymous said...

Happy's last's day's of's Chanukkah's to you too!!

pnlkotula said...

I'm glad you liked it. Not gourmet by any means, but good comfort food.

Janine Serresseque said...

That looks good! It kind of reminds me of the squash casserole that Comfort serves. I'm positively queer for that stuff!

Anonymous said...

It was fantastic to have you over! We enjoyed the wine you brought us this week when my mom visited - thanks. Did you take home the recipe for the turkey dish? If not, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you! If you did - I have to let you know about a couple of dumb errors in the way it was written - let me know if you have the recipe or not, and I'll make the corrections.
I am in big, big trouble. I went by the See's candy outlet at Stonypoint to get some things to put in the kids' stockings (we're Jewish on my half and Christmas-celebrate-rs on Dave's!), and they gave out all these samples, and I spent 24 hours thinking up reasons to go back there and finally decided I needed to "buy some chocolates for my dad, yeah, that's it, for my dad!" I DID buy for him, but I also ended up with a whole POUND of dark-chocolate covered caramels and a few other things, which I DON'T NEED! Oy.