Thursday, November 1, 2007

Scaring the Children

Robert's Thai Pumpkin soup with homemade croutons (looks like baby food here but was very very good)
Jennifer brought an excellent batch of homemade salsa. (I know, none of my food pics are appetising.)
Look! It is Mabelel. (The first person who knows that reference wins a prize)
My BFF finally joined in after his rehearsal.
A view from my seat.
Preparing to scare the children.
I sat behind this pumpkin all night and spoke into a voice modifier. Even the adults thought the Pumpkin was talking to them. Robert and I had worked up a whole "act" by the end of the night.
Detail from Roberts yard.
Muffin Face and the scary host.


I love Halloween. HNS and I were walking to lunch in a busy business section of downtown and every 10 people were dressed up as something. A bee. A Pirate (Pirates were big this year). A butterfly. These are adults. At work. It is fun to see them as they are doing a normal activity like standing in line at the Thai cart and talking to a colleague. I wished this was the case everyday. No one looked embarrassed, or like they lost a bet. No one tried to make excuses for how they looked. They were just there, like, "yeah, I'm a bee. Get over it."

6 comments:

A.K. said...

glad to see ya'll had a great halloween!

JB said...

Thanks AK - yours looked like fun too. Scott looked hilarious!

Arties32 said...

so what's mabelel? tlmm wants the prize but i don't know the answer :(

JB said...

I can't tell you the answer - you just know it or you don't. Sorry!!!

Princess Crabass said...

Mabelel deur A G Visser.

Mabelel jou swarte hel can't you see the krokedel.

Dis antie was eaten at the river.

JB said...

Bravo Robyn - Bravo - I am very impressed.
Little Lizzy Monkey loved telling the story of why her father's office skeleton was named Mabelel