Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Commercial Shoot





Yesterday I shot a regional spot for The Virginia Pre-Paid Education Program. It was great to spend the day with some theatre people that I don't often get to see. And who doesn't love shooting commercials for extra money? Six hours after our call time we were finally filming our part. There are always hours of down time on shoots so I like to spend that time catching up with everyone and watching the other scenes. This one starts off with a bunch of children singing a song to their parents about how they (their parents) will never retire because college is going to be so expensive.
I apologize in advance for this song getting stuck in your head when you see the commercial. I didn't write it.
The commercial was shot at a school in my neighborhood that was built at the spot where Maggie Walker was born. I had some time to read about this during all that down time.
When I walked in at the beginning of the day I sat with my peeps and the producer came over and started telling us who we were being paired up with for the shoot - Who were going to be our pretend commercial husbands and wives - well, guess what folks? She came up to me and said - "...and Muffin Face- you are going to be our single mother."
Damn - I can't even get a "pretend" husband.
It was then that I came to the sad conclusion that even in make-believe-Commercial land - I was oh so all alone.

6 comments:

Arties32 said...

Ha ha. That's funny. Sounds like a great day except for all that sitting around and for being a single parent!

Janine Serresseque said...

Hey--quit it! You are by no means alone!
By the way, I auditioned for that commercial and made a total ass of myself!

Anonymous said...

You are so witty! Single isn't a bad thing. Take it from one who kmows!!!!
I am laughing so hard!
love and hugs,
(:

mim said...

Oh Muffin-face I have to add my own "You are NOT alone" but I get it. I got tears in my eyes, okay, so I laughed a little,too. happy t-day.

Andrew Hamm said...

I thought you were very attractive as a hot, available woman at that shoot. If only I could find a 24-year-old boy to hit on you.

JB said...

No Andrew - it has to be a 23 year old. Don't ask me why - they are the only people who hit on me! I just laugh in their little faces.

And thank you for the compliment! I ended up grabbing the arm of some random guy they had me sitting next to and it ended up being the husband of one of the producers. You gotta watch those single mothers.