Monday, October 29, 2007

Closing a show.

Another show ends.

I left the theatre last night so grateful for the opportunity and richer for the many new relationships cultivated in the past 9 or 10 weeks and a little melancholy that we will not all be together again in the same capacity.

I tried to take in every moment.

I try to watch and listen hard enough to burn the memory into my mind so I can conjure up the language and company and moments anytime I want.

Anyone who ever closed a show knows this feeling.

Don't get me wrong , there are shows that cannot end soon enough, but this wasn't one of them. This was one of those shows that took me by emotional surprise. I had a lot of downtime during the run and not once did I get tired of listening to the language of the play and the voices of my fellow actors. I think I learned something new every night by listening.

I will be checking in with the actors of Member of the Wedding and updating you on their future projects.


Life goes on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully put. Your words say it all! Is that you in the purple print dress!!!
(:
Sorry that I missed this one!):

JB said...

Yes Ma, that is me. Don't I look like Ebby??

Anonymous said...

yes!!! A beautiful woman-both of you!
(:ma

Arties32 said...

You don't have skunk hair!

JB said...

but I am still pretty!