Thursday, November 15, 2007

Unbelievably Huge Art Bargain

My Birthday present a couple years ago from my peeps.

One of the paintings on ebay right now!


Greig Leach is one of my favorite artists - and I am not alone. You can't drive down Main Street without seeing his work proudly displayed in salons and restaurants. He happens to be in a few museums too. I have been lucky enough in the past to be in a show with his amazingly talented wife, Bridget Gethens, or when Greig himself has designed the set and he gives sketches as opening night gifts. These I have treasured and proudly displayed. A few birthdays ago my fabulous friends commissioned Greig to paint me as Lizzy in The Syringa Tree. You can imagine my joy when opening this present. Greig even painted a picture of the night I got that present. I can't afford that yet but it is certainly on my wish list and I do have a limited edition print of it.

So - during the last play I was in I used some of that money to purchase 3 of his original paintings. How could I afford this?I hear you ask. Art is a great investment but Greig has make it easy by doing the Painting a day series on EBay. go to ebay and google his name under the art category and you are half way to owning a Greig Leach original. Or try http://shop.ebay.com/Art_Paintings__greig-Leach_W0QQ_nkwZgreigQ20LeachQQ_catZ550QQ_dmdZ1QQ_fxdZ1QQ_mdoZArt

or go to his website http://www.greigleach.com/gallery/Figurative%20Works/7216

The three I bought are lying on my bedroom floor waiting for the day I can afford to frame them but I get delighted every time I look at them lying there. So go bid on some art bargains. It is good for the soul.

11 comments:

Janine Serresseque said...

I am also a member of the Greig Leach fan club, and a proud owner of his work. He and Bridget are two of my heroes!

pnlkotula said...

I got one! Now, I'm waiting for him to post one that will go with it...

Anonymous said...

I am blushing having read your all's wonderful remarks. Thank you, thank you, thank you. www.greigleach.com

JB said...

yeay - Greig Leach reads my blog! I hope to see you sometime this weekend at the Doggie. You rock and thanks for doing the painting -a-day.

Arties32 said...

What a great idea. I'll check it out when I have a chance. I love the colors and the overall general feel of his pictures of groups of people. Something soulful. I must own one! Or at least a limited print or whatever you called it. I'm putting him on my "list". I have a list of artists and when anyone asks me if i want a present, i just pass along the list! Good idea, huh?? :) Love you

Arties32 said...

i think i will bid on his DECEMBER 30, 2007 painting a day. he reads this blog, right? i live in MIAMI and it would be cool if it had a tropical feel. December 30 is my birthday and it would be fun to try to have the high bid on your e-bay painting that day.
Hee hee
Jennifer

Arties32 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JB said...

No drama here - my sissy had a post that accidentally posted twice so I deleted one.

Anonymous said...

Greg,

I still tell that story about the time I was in Pasta Luna and spilled my red wine on the table and seconds later I look up to see your painting called "oops" which of course was a glass of red wine spilled on a white table cloth. I tried so hard to purchase the painting from the owners...but no go! It was like your painting made me do it...My friends are all screaming "Yeah, right!"

Arties32 said...

Greig I hope you read Muffin's comments. I just looked at your ebay painting that sold on 8/27 which looks like piece of key lime pie. The plate (green banded plate) that the pie sits on is the SAME dinnerware I have in my house. It's also the same dinnerware they use at Joe's Stone Crabs I just learned a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, if you do any more with the green and white plates, I will be bidding on them!!!!!!! You are great! From Muffin's sister, Chickie Face

Arties32 said...

If you want to see the real dishes look at www.andtheeggs.net. Ok I'm done with my comments!!!