Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Part two - The food.

Laine made an amazing spread featuring tapas from some of the honeymoon destinations. She made name cards for all the plates in both the language where it is from and the English translation.

A calm before the storm.
tomato, basil and garlic bruchetta, Olivada bruchetta.
Italian sausage balls.
marinated diced chicken.Onion frittata.
Smoked pork and mango chutney.

This is a chese mixture that Laine made with pepercorns on endive - it was delish! But I can't remember the exact ingredients. (Laine - feel free to comment and make corrections.)
Prune, bacon and filo rolls.
Caprese salad.
More bruchetta.
These were zucchini fritters stuffed with ham and cheese. These were my favorite thing and I would love Laine to elaborate on my description if she has time.

Laine's (now famous) stuffed squid.

Stayed tuned for the next installment of Erin's party. Part three - the PJ surprise.

P.S. to Robyn O. - I know you had a spy there and I am sure they can tell you I barely ate anything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin looks so adorable in this picture!
Sure wish that I had been there!
What fabulous food. Would Laine post any recipes?
(:

pnlkotula said...

Yay, Erin! And very nice Laine. My very best to the happy couple...

Princess Crabass said...

I heard you had nothing but water all night. But now that I've seen these pictures, I know my spy was drunk!

JB said...

she does look a little drunk - but I can assure you she was not.