Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Hosting an HR Retreat

Fruit Salad
Lettuce salad
I decorated this pie for the occasion.

We actually did get a lot of work done but you have to eat sometime too. I offered my place for our meeting and was very excited to cook for my special guests. Thanks to Jacquie for taking the pics for documentation. She is always thinkin'.

I decided to make another artichoke pie since the last one was so yummy. I served it with a salad and mixed fruit. I picked the fruit that looked the best in the store and cut it up the night before. I added some amaretto and let it sit overnight in the fridge.

For the salad I started with a spring mix of greens and added goat cheese,cucumbers, chick peas, and a little shredded asiago. I put a simple balsamic vinaigrette on it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The artichoke art pie rocked! And the fruit was even more yummy today (so what if it had a little adult beverage mixed in...it makes me work harder I swear!) Maybe you can re-post your sisters receipe again? I actully may try to make it...don't worry I will have my fire extinguisher(s) ready!

JB said...

My sissy has all her recipe's on her blog. There is a link to it from my blog. Let me know if you can't get to it. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your day.

Arties32 said...

Looks great- I love the HR decoration- very clever!! Sister to the cleaver!!

JB said...

Ha-ha! Sister to the Cleaver. That is Hilarious. BTW - Did Dad tell you that Leppy was at the 40 under 40 party?

Arties32 said...

Leppy was there? No! I am always the last one to find out!

JB said...

I wanted HNS to take a pic of him but we couldn't get a good shot. YOu know how jumpy those Leprechauns are!