Monday, May 12, 2008

Thank you, again Lisa K.


Here is Lisa K.'s follow up response regarding the fried Pies - wish I had one right now!



"Okay, my friend, here are your pictures of the aforementioned fried pie. You must however use the correct pronunciation - frahed pah. My mom is a fantastic country cook, but she never really mastered the fried pie. So, occasionally, my daddy would get a sweet tooth, and ask one of his sisters to make a batch for him. The opportunity to spoil their brother, of course, thrilled them to no end, and they would go all out, sending various varieties - sweet potato, apple, peach. Peach was Daddy's favorite, and he was like a kid at Christmas - in fact, as I recall, my Aunt Polly always sent him home with a plate of them when we visited at Christmas. I found this link for a fried pie recipe on allrecipes.com: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Apricot-and-Peach-Fried-Pies/Detail.aspx It is now safe in my belly - mmmm"

No comments: