Monday, May 12, 2008

Weekend round up...

This weekend was so jam packed I am not even sure where to begin.

Friday I got a call from my Mom letting me know she could come see me on Sunday (Mother's Day) I was so excited. And there is nothing like getting a call from your mother to put your ass in gear to clean and finish unpacking and - did I say clean already? Saturday I finally unpacked the kitchen - It still smells a bit like curry (in a bad way) and I am not sure I can ever see myself actually using the stove top - I think I can find a nicer oven on the side of the road - but at least I put in shelf paper and unpacked all the boxes. It was like being re-united with old friends - seeing all my kitchen stuff once again.
On Saturday morning I got a visit from the lovely Holly T. She brought us Chicken enchiladas, a salad, strawberry sorbet and chocolate cookies. I have not taken a pic of the chicken but below is a pic of some of the other goodies. I will write more specifics about the food later - it rocked!!!The Timberlines are great neighbors and now that my place is clean and straight I hope they can come over soon - (after Peter Pan closes, of course).

Much to my surprise my Mom liked the house a lot - except for the stove which she thinks should be replaced ASAP. I couldn't agree with her more but unfortunately it won't be happening. We had a great time catching up and we ate lunch / dinner (it was 3 something so I am not sure what to call it) at PF Chang's. - One of the only chain restaurants I will go to. That is not really true but I wish it were. It sounds good.
I am so thankful that Mom and I got a day alone together. I will try to see my Kitty Mom next weekend - you know I gotta share the love. Pop and Kitty Mom are off to Russia on the 20th so I hope to catch them before they go. I bet they will have some great food stories when they come back! Stay tuned folks.




as promised - an "after" pic of my living room.


Beautiful salad with fresh Lime-Cilantro dressing


world peace cookies


Basket of goodies from the Timberlines!


My Ma following a recipe. (this pic was taken a few years ago) :)

6 comments:

pnlkotula said...

Love the built-in bookshelves! And how nice is Holly?? I live in the wrong neighborhood...

Anonymous said...

Yes,you have done lots in a couple weeks in your house, and, we had a great time spending the day together. Thanks for a great Mother's Day!
OMG-I don't remember ever seeing that pic-oh, to have thin arms again-thin anything. That must have been when I was a teen-ager!
(:

JB said...

Ma - you look like you are about to burn your hand!

Anonymous said...

jB,
It wouldn't be the first or the last time!
I used to read the cookbook as I prepared the meal. I couldn't even boil water.
(:

Joy W. said...

Your mom in that photo reminds me of Amy Perdue.

JB said...

yes Joy- I see the resemblance. Unfortunately, for me, that great metabolism skipped my generation. But my kids should be set.