Friday, May 2, 2008

Thank you guest Blogger - Anastasia Beaverhousen

So a FRIEND of mine (not me) went out to dinner at the Waffle House last week, where according to my FRIEND (again, not me) you can get hash browns splattered, covered, peppered and chunked. I was intrigued so I have asked her to write a little something about her experience there.





First of all this is NOT Muffin face (can't stress that enough) lets call me Anastasia Beaverhousen. I went on a hot date to the Waffle House last week.

Upon entering I was met with an interesting bouquet of eggs and aqua velva. I was meeting a date there and as luck would have it I was the first to arrive. Eventually someone came out from behind the cooking counter and led me to a cozy corner booth. This must be where they put the celebrities when they wander in, I thought to myself, feeling pretty important. I ordered water and perused the menu. Oh look, it has pictures on it. What a great idea. I wonder why Morton's doesn't do that?

Finally my date arrived. I think he was in heaven because the older woman who took our order called him Darlin' a bunch of times. I consider jealously for a minute but then remembered that I really didn't care. I sure was hungry and the menu offered a feast of delights like, omelets and waffles and hash browns and grits and lots of other stuff too. I decided to order a couple eggs with hash browns. If memory serves I got them splattered covered and smothered.

I am glad to report that everything was excellent and I would definitely return to the Waffle House again - maybe next time I will actually order waffles. Maybe I can convince Muffin Face to join me. (since this is not her)

4 comments:

Arties32 said...

Ha! Ha! Since this is not her! You had me laughing in my office. Thank you, I needed that. Breakfast places are some of my very very favorite restaurants and- all in all- I think they disappoint much less than places like Morton's!

Anonymous said...

Too Funny! My best to the Beaverhousen....

Sparki

JB said...

I love breakfast places - and breakfast food. I make breakfast for dinner a lot! Or I did when I used to cook.

Janine Serresseque said...

JB, now you have let the cat out of the bag! Ms. Beaverhousen's people are not going to forgive you for divulging Ms. Beaverhousen's guilty pleasure. On the bright side, this could be the best thing that ever happened to the Waffle House. They'll be jammed with people trying to get a Beaverhousen Sighting.