Tuesday, March 25, 2008

On a Role..............



I know I said I would start posting food again and I promise I will. I made some great things last week that I am excited to share with you (even homemade bread!) but I keep getting great new suggestions on this movie / TV topic that really excite me. Do you remember the six degrees of Kevin Bacon? My BF, Steve, who is a master at TV, music and movie trivia decided to play this game to try and link obscure TV actors Ala 6 degrees. I gave him what I thought would be impossible. This TV version is different than the movie version and because of its difficulty you only need to mention the characters name but it is - of course - extra credit (and bragging rights) if you can also name the actor who played him or her. I asked him to link Mel Cooley - (Richard Deacon - Dick Van Dyke's boss) to Fred Sanford (Redd Foxx, Sanford and Son)
It took him maybe 5 minutes!

Mel Cooley (Richard Deacon) to Dick Van Dyke

Allen Melvin (AKA Sam the butcher or Sam Franklin from Brady Bunch) played one of Rob's army buddies in a flashback scene on Dick Van Dyke (his character name was guard Jenkins and according to IMDB he was on 8 episodes.)
Allen Melvin was on the Phil Silvers show with Phil Silvers

Phil Silvers was honest John on the Beverly Hillbillies with Jane (Nancy Kulp, Mr. Drydesdale's secretary)

and she was on an episode of sanford and Son with Redd Foxx.

He did this with out the help of a computer so I checked it out today and it is all true. That's how I know how many episodes of Dick Van Dyke Allen Melvin was in. I added that - but the rest was from Steve.

who wants to try one? You can even make up your own or try to stump me ( or Steve) with one.

6 comments:

hoosier steve said...

No suggestions, just a comment, that Steve is scary smart. But I do wonder, when the hell does he have time to watch TV?

JB said...

Steve O. - not Steve P. (Steve P. is wicked smart too.)

hoosier steve said...

Ahhhh, that does make sense. Steve P is wicked smart but wicked busy as well...Boy you sure know a lot of Steves, it is perhaps the greatest name of all time.

JB said...

I agree - good name. :)

JB said...

also Steve P. have TiVo so he catches up with us couch potatoes eventually.

JB said...

has TiVo - not have TiVo - that makes no sense.