Thursday, February 28, 2008

The South Beach Wine and Food Festival According to Chickie Face

Hi, it's me, Chickie Face of andtheeggs. I am Muffin Face's sister, and she is sick with a sinus infection and taking a short break from her blog to take care of herself. In the meantime, she asked me for a guest blog, which I am happy to contribute!

TLMM and I attended the South Beach Food and Wine Festival last weekend. It was a beautiful day, and we set out to see what the much-hyped festival was all about.



First of all, we got a goodie- bag, filled with heavy literature (which we discarded), a wine glass (rigged to hang from neck on ribbon) and some coupons and freebies. At some point, I managed to have both wineglasses, and was tasting freely from each. I was having so much fun, I almost forgot that I had no sense of taste, a sinus infection and a rather high temperature. What happened to TLMM's glass? Looks like that's her problem. Ohhh, stop already- she got it back when she pried it out of my fingers.


We saw all kinds of celebrity chefs, here they are in no particular order:

Tyler Florence (see how you can watch what he's doing in the strategically placed mirrors?)

Mary Alice, Geof and Duff (MuffinFace hearts Geof)



Ted Allen! (Sparki hearts Ted Allen)

The food was also varied and beautiful. I don't know how it tasted since I COULDN'T TASTE. Okay, maybe I am a little bitter, but anyone who knows how much I love food would know that not being able to actually taste the wine and food at the South Beach Wine and Food Festival was a little bit like being in Hell.











Despite that minor detail, it was a rather fun day. No really, the event was on the beach in the sand, so you couldn't ask for a better venue. Everyone seemed to be having the time of their life, which might have had something to do with the millions of gallons of free wine, liquor, champagne and beer. We ate and drank for hours upon hours, and when everything is the size of a sample, including the beverages, that doesn't count towards calories- does it? That's what my sissy told me, anyway.

If any of you would like to join us next year, the more the merrier! Leave MuffinFace a comment here and she'll put you on her list, and then when tickets go on sale next fall, she'll e-mail ya'll and see who still wants to come. Tickets for the day, which include everything we did and much, much more, are under $200 apiece, so squirrel a little tiny bit away every paycheck. You can crash at our house for free! Road trip in February to Miami!!!! See you all then!

6 comments:

JB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JB said...

awww nobody hearts Tylor Florence. Poor fellow.
Thanks sissy for this beautiful post. I am so there next year!!

pnlkotula said...

That is so fabulous! Muffin, my husband may be persuadable...

JB said...

That would be so awesome Lisa! I will put you on our list and remind you about it later!!

Anonymous said...

Sparki and the Dean are seriously considering a Miami road trip...or actually "air trip" since there ain't no way my tall butt is riding in a car all the way down the east coast. Any way, put us on the list......

Sparki

JB said...

Sweet Potatoe Pie! That is exciting Sparki. We will stalk our respective food celebs together.