Friday, February 1, 2008

Papa makes a bad day Great!!

Pop on set cathing up with Stan.
The brilliant Twyla led the talk back.
Amanda takes some praise.
Enlightening the audience by saying something interesting and relevent.
Chillin at Chez Muffin Face

What started with another trip to the dentist ended with spending some great time with my Dad.

My Dad came into town to participate in a talk back as part of the Acts of Faith Festival. He had helped a little with C.A.T.'s production of The Sisters' Rosensweig and Amanda, the director, asked him to sit on their talk back panel. I had never seen the play and I throughly enjoyed this production. It was fun to see old faces (not Old Old but you know) and new faces. A special shout out to my old college roomie (again, not really Old) Donna Coghill who played Gorgeous with sparkling energy and funny (or should I say "Funzie") with a heart.

Amanda did a great job directing this play. The cast was well chosen with chemistry to spare.

But I admit the best part of all of it was being with my Dad.

Even though I was still a little numb from the dentist we went out to dinner at White Dog where Roslyn was kind enough to feed me soup and mashed potatoe's. Pop had duck that was divine. I was even able to taste a small piece and it was very tender.

The talk back after the play was very interesting. One of the best things I have noticed about all of the Acts of Faith plays is the unity factor. The play can be written about any faith and the audience relates to it wether it is about their faith or someone else's. My Dad mentioned, for instance, that Fiddler on the Roof is a huge hit in China. Who can't relate to interesting family dynamics and stugeling with the choices we make while discovering who we are? So - it all made for an interesting and lively discussion.

Thanks Pop for spending the time to help my friends and for spending all that time with just me. Next time I promise I will cook for you - you know, I have never tried to make Duck.

2 comments:

Arties32 said...

I'm jeal jeal now. Sounds like you had a great time :) Great pics. I love our papa!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post, JB. Your dad was awesome!!
Your "old" college roomie -
Donna