Friday, February 29, 2008

How I made these kids.


The smallest one


The first born


First born ponders his feelings for Uncle Steve

First of all and completely off the subject (not that I have started a subject yet) I thank my Sissy for the awesome blog post. I am still confused as to how I caught her sinus infection all the way from Florida. I guess it is a sister thang.

OK - so this might come as a shock to some of you but I have, in my almost 40 years of life, produced a couple children. How, you ask? Let me try to explain. Many years ago, during college, a beautiful blond approached me and said hello. I was in the theatre building and not having a good day. She introduced herself and we became fast friends. Not long after that we became roommates. The first time we were roommates was 19...golly, 1988, maybe? weird. (Donna, you were there too - I think you remember) Anyway - we had a great time together but we eventually moved on and lived our lives. Now lets move ahead about 11 or 12 years. I am dating Steve O. and Heather and I subsequently meet up again. Was it at Chuggers? Memory is a funny thing. I become Heathers roommate again. Steve and me introduce Heather to a BF of Steve's. Lets call him Rich, because that is his name. They fall in love. Steve and me break-up a couple years later. Heather and Rich get married. Time passes. We lose touch yet again. Around Christmas time of this past year I get an email from Rich. I am so excited because, while I have been busy over the past 6 years, I have missed them and thought of them often. So they have a Chuggers reunion party which I wrote about on this blog. Then I went to see them a week later and look what I found? Offspring. Since I introduced them aren't I responsible for these kids? Didn't I (kind of) make them?

No comments: