Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Happy Birthday, Robert and hello to old friends too!


Two Cakes for Robert!


The happy Birthday Boy


Christine and Ginnie!

Erin swallowed a watermelon!

I have no idea what is happening here.


Robin and Christine hug it out.


Yeah Susan Sandford!

Rusty, Laine, Erin and Tony.

Half the cast of Little Dog! The half that keep their clothes on...........
Sweet Pic.
Late Friday night a few of us gathered at Chez Muffin for a quick after rehearsal Birthday celebration for Robert. See the two cakes? They were from Jean Jacques Bakery. I went to pick up Robert's favorite cake (Steve had previously ordered it) after work on Friday. I went in the small shop and announced that I was there to pick up a cake called in by Steve P. They searched a little while and then I let them know that it says "Happy Birthday, Robert." on it. They had 2 orders for a Robert cake that day and apparently they had given them both away already. I was tired and annoyed so I used their phone to call Steve and ask him what he wanted me to do. When I explained what they did all he could say to me was "Why did they give the cake away?" to which I replied "I Don't Know!"
Eventually the shop offered us two smaller cakes in the same flavors. It wasn't great but at lease he will get his favorite cake still. I had them decorate the cakes as seen in the above picture and I was off.
Later in the evening Robert told us the other cake from Jean Jacques (The one we had ordered and they had given away) was given to him at work! The folks at the bakery just assumed that it was the same order.
We had a good time anyway - and the cake was pretty darn good.

3 comments:

Janine Serresseque said...

The picture of the pizza minus one solitary bite is priceless! I completely understand.

Janine Serresseque said...

Apparently I'm a goober because I posted my comment on the wrong blog entry! What can I say? Been a long day!

But I wish Robert a very happy belated birthday nonetheless!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Robert!
(: