Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thank you guest blogger Debra!



If you ever look at Facebook then you know there is a line next to your name that you can update regularly. I usually try to write something topical - like JB is....getting ready to move. Last night while packing and crying at the Idol Gives Back special I checked my Facebook account and noticed my Friend Debra had updated her status to say something about cooking a pot roast and homemade biscuits. It caught my eye. I had to have her recipe. She was kind enough to share it with all of us along with a picture of the remaining biscuit.

2 cups flour(all purpose)
3tsp baking powder
1tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
2/3 to 3/4 cup of milk

I sifted the dry ingredients together, then cut in the butter. I don't have a pastry cutter so just used a fork. Then started adding milk until the consistency was sticky dough ball. You want sticky. Then I dumped it on a floured board, floured up my hands and kneaded it a little bit(just a little!) and hand patted out lil biscuits.Added more flour to my hands as necessary to keep dough from sticking to me. Baked at 450 for about 10 to 12 minutes. You gotta watch 'em. I've never done this recipe but they turned out FABULOUS. They were fluffy, and just heavenly. Plain, but meant to be flavored up with butter, jam, or pot roast juices. Yum. I didn't roll and cut the dough b/c my mom never did. She always patted out the biscuits...and they were never all exactly the same size but damn they were good. If you try it out let me know how it works for you!
p.s. This dinner scored me major points with hubby. He's a real meat and potatoes kind of guy.


PSS from Muffin Face: Debra is also an amazing actress and singer. You can read about her and order a CD at http://www.debrawagoner.com/bio.html

:-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh thank you jb! I just looked at the recipe, and realized I should have written 1/4 CUP of butter. oops. I think it says 1/4 butter. oh well.

JB said...

I can fix it. I love me some butter............

Janine Serresseque said...

Now she is a proper southern girl, our Debra! Those bikkies look good!