Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Homemade Pizza is good for you.



Pizza Dough after it rose.









3 Cheese Pizza with herbs.



Cheese and Greek olives.




Cheese and mushrooms.



Cheese and herbs after baking.



Greek Olives ( I couldn't stop myself from tasting it before the picture)



Cheese and mushroom.





last minute cheddar crisps - great with a salad instead of bread.






Last night while I should have been packing I decided to make homemade pizza dough - and then pizzas and then low carb cheese crisps, you know - to recover from all that pizza crust. I liked making the pizza dough almost as much as making the bread last week. It was much easier to kneed this time. And I enjoyed a much deserved glass of wine while the dough was rising. It doubles it size in a little over an hour. It made a lot of dough and so I made 3 thin crust pizza's. My roomie does not eat much meat and I like my pizza's simple so I made one with just cheese, one with mushrooms and one with real strong Greek olives I had in the fridge. I figured no one would want to touch the olives so I was guaranteed a few pieces to myself! But pizza is for sharing so after Christine's rehearsal we cracked open a bottle of really good Virginia wine left over from Robert's birthday gathering and ate some pizza. Steve had some later as well - but just as I suspected - none of the olive pizza was touched so I am having that for lunch today.
The cheese crisps I made up. I sprinkled sharp Cheddar on parchment paper and added basil, oregano, ground red pepper, white pepper, and a little garlic salt. I baked them at 350 for 5-7 minutes - until the edges are browning. They get nice and crisp when cooled. Great in a salad instead of croutons and a nice low carb snack on their own.

5 comments:

Arties32 said...

That pizza looks great, I have never made pizza dough. Kitty-Mom made us some cheese crisps when she was here but she used shredded parm, they were great. We had them with her already famous Caesar salad. Mmmm. I haven't eaten all day, I have to stop looking at your blog, even those gross olives are starting to appeal to me. Love you, Chickie Face :)

JB said...

can you send me kitty-moms ceasar recipe - I can't find it - you made me hungry for it. You are lucky you live in Miami - everyone wants to visit you!! :(

Unknown said...

I love making home made pizza, we try to do it at least once a month, although with busy schedules lately it is more rare than I like.
I usually don't like olives on my pizza, but I love greek olives, so I might be interested.

JB said...

The olive pizza rocked but I was the only one who would eat it (which was my plan from the start) so I ended up having to throw some of it out today. I learned a valuable lesson about sharing. so sad!!

Janine Serresseque said...

I'm with you on the olives, JB. Absolutely love 'em on pizza!