Monday, April 7, 2008

Eating my way through the weekend.

Friday night I had Robert and the Steve's over for Dinner and gin rummy. I had been in the mood for chicken legs ever since I saw the Barefoot Contessa cook some oven fried chicken last week on her show. I wasn't in the mood for all that crunchy stuff so I pulled an old recipe out of my brain that I had not done in a long while. It is very simple. I combine melted butter with seasoning salt and bake the chicken until the skin is crispy but the inside is still tender.




I had some red potatoes that I tossed in oil and my own made up seasoning mix. they turned out crunchy and savory on the outside and soft and mild inside. They were not this blurry in real life.

I mixed a salad of arugula, mushrooms, cucumbers, iceberg, and toasted pine nuts.

Steve O. doing the dishes before kicking all our butts in Gin Rummy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the food looks fabulous1
love and hugs,
(:
ps Red wine gives me heartburn, which is a shame as it helps you live long!!!

Arties32 said...

Sangria is one of my favorites! Looks very thirst-quenching and fruity. I remember you making the chicken long ago, it's one of my favorites of yours. I love Steve O.!