Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A very sad day

I have not been writing any posts lately. On Sunday a dear friend of mine lost her battle with Cancer. She was the Mother of one of my best friend's. She was kind and smart and supportive and always smiling. I never heard her complain. Her funeral was today and it was one of the most moving services I have ever experienced. She was sick for about a year and a half and she did many things during that time. She traveled and went snorkeling, went to the theatre and just lived. She taught me by example so many lessons. She was courageous and strong. I will miss seeing her and talking with her and the love and warmth I felt being in her presence. She would have met her first Grandchild any day but just could not hold on until the birth. I am so sorry for my friend who lost her mother. It is a very hard thing to watch someone you love mourn so deeply. And even though I know she is watching over us all, tonight I wish she was beside us.

3 comments:

Janine Serresseque said...

I was also very moved by the beautiful service, and by your contribution to it.

JB said...

I am so glad you were there - I know that meant a lot to Shmara. Thank you for all your work in helping me spread the news.

pnlkotula said...

I was so sorry she missed the birth, but he'll have a very special guardian angel watching over him.