Monday, January 7, 2008

Chicken stuffed with Ham and Cheese

Because one meat just isn't enough.

I wanted to try a new recipe. I was feeling brave. I was pleasantly surprised with how well these turned out. I didn't have a recipe but I did have a pretty clear idea of what I wanted. That doesn't always work out well.
I split a chicken breast and pounded it within an inch of its life. I placed a piece of thin sliced ham and Swiss Lorraine on the chicken. I folded the chicken tucking the ham and cheese inside as best I could. I dredged it in flour, egg and then breadcrumbs. I browned the chicken in a little oil and butter for a few minutes on each side. I placed the chicken in a baking dish on top of a mixture of tomatoes, corn and okra, (out of a can) then added a little white wine and baked it at 350 for about 50 minutes.

I also cooked asparagus in butter, lemon and garlic and topped that with sauteed almond slivers. I topped a few of the chicken pieces with an extra slice of cheese just for show.
I am well known for over cooking meat like chicken and pork so I was very happy when these turned out juicy and tender.




3 comments:

pnlkotula said...

Man, when you get these wild hairs to just try something for the fun of it, call the Kotulas. We are poor, cooking impaired souls. You really should take pity on us. So, lunch this week?

JB said...

I would love to cook for you guys!! lunch sounds great. what day is good for you?

Arties32 said...

that looks pretty good. mmmm.