Wednesday, January 30, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things......

Oprah has her list of favorite things and so does Muffin Face. Here are a few great gift ideas for the "local legend" that has everything.
This book was given to me by my BFF. I love making latkies and truly believe they should be eaten year round and not just at Chanukah but after reading this book I might think twice before taking that first bite. In case you can't read it on the blurry pic the title is The Latke who Couldn't Stop Screaming ... an Christmas story. Written by the Lemony Snickets dude. Put it on your summer reading list.
This little gem was given to me by a friend of mine who has more Christmas stuff than anyone I have ever seen. It is truly something to behold. I even featured some of her ornaments on a post entitled "A Very Scary Christmas" - remember the Christmas fetus? Anyway, Picture my delight on Christmas morning when I unwrapped this gift. The Moses nut cracker. I think we can all agree no house should be without it.
When my Pop and Kitty-Mom came down for the Top 40 party they brought me this little CREEPY guy. He looks all innocent until you pull down his fluffy white collar to reveal the very spooky clown mouth and full set of teeth. I have spared you all that image - but the first time I saw it I screamed and thew it across the room. We have since come to an understanding - he never talks to me and I don't throw him anymore and he has become one of my favorite things. You know, keep you enemies close.......


It may look like my friends are not thrilled with this baby gift for the nursery but in actuality it was exactly what they asked for. This was given to me by my friend Jake for my Birthday last year and while I absolutely love the gift it is now on loan to baby Jonah. I think this is not the last we will see of it though.

This arrived yesterday. My friend Janine, who has a great food blog, told me about this museum months ago during the great Falafel debacle of '07. Then someone gave her an apron from the museum which she recently featured on her blog and well, I could barely contain my jealousy. Little did I know I would soon possess one of my very own. yeah to that.

Please note that, much like Oprah does, this is just the first in a series of Favorite Things lists. This in no way means that these are the best gifts I got or that I didn't absolutely love other ones I received. The stunning David Yurman bracelet, for instance, that I received from my generous Mother is much adored.... it's just not very funny.

2 comments:

Janine Serresseque said...

Love the favorite things idea!

JB said...

the possibilities are limitless - I have so many Favorite things - I am going bring this idea back often.