Thursday, January 17, 2008

Lil' naked Muffinface - and a long overdue apology.

A rare childhood moment when my clothes are on. Hey, I kind of look like Suri Cruise.

Apparently when I was a lot younger I liked to be naked and never felt ashamed or even aware of the fact that I had nothing on. My mom tells stories of trying to get me ready for my bath and she would turn around for 2 seconds and find me across the street knocking on the neighbors door to see if they could come out and play. Then there was the time I rode my big wheel naked to the piggly wiggly. I think the cops might have been called on that one. One day I went to the back of my pre-school class while the teacher was reading a story and just took my clothes off.

I tell you these stories so you will understand the day the paperboy knocked on our door and asked to see my mom and I brought him upstairs to where my mom was taking a bath - that I really didn't think anything of it.
Sorry Ma.

12 comments:

Arties32 said...

In the 70's in Corpus, mom had her own special check-out girl at the grocery store, I think it was called Super something. Anyway, she called mom and told her you were up there naked on your Big Wheel. You really do look like Suri.

Anonymous said...

That pre-school teacher, Mrs. Fisher, then sent you to the Rabbi's office with the request that he call your parents and tell them what you had done. That evening, your mom and I tried to explain to you that such behavior was inappropriate. Evidently, that advice never took. Pop

JB said...

Funny Pop, I have no recollection of that conversation.
but it just made me think - I wonder if nudists have nightmares about walking through the hallways of their high school with clothes on?
Don't know what made me think of that.

Anonymous said...

Now I know why you never bring a coat to work. It was hard enough to get you trained on the first layer!

JB said...

Ma - was the check out lady's name Pinky? That sounds familiar somehow.

Anonymous said...

When my youner sister was about 2 years old, she grabbed my mom's purse, put on her sunglasses, and walked down the block to the elementary school buck naked (except for the borrowed accessories). As a tot, she preferred to be naked as well. You two are kindred spirits.

JB said...

ooo - Sparki, the the sun glasses were a nice touch.

Arties32 said...

Ha ha. Luckily we lived in the south with year-round warm weather, or our parents probably would have been charged with something.

Anonymous said...

yes, can't believe that you remember. It was the SUPER D grocery-and the friendly check-out girl was named Pinky.
Must have scared Raymond as much as he scared me! Poor guy!
(:

pnlkotula said...

Oh my, just the thought of your mom in the bath, with the delivery guy in tow, makes me have to pee. You could write a sit-com about your memoirs.

mim said...

Thanks for lifting my spirits.

Anonymous said...

Who is Suri?
(: