Monday, January 28, 2008

Traumatized at the WallMart

While my cute new Nephew (pictured above) is soon to be getting teeth, I am loosing them.

Little Muffin face has to get a root canal today. Obviously, I am not looking forward to this. One of the worst things about this condition is I have not been able to eat much this weekend. Good for my diet, bad for my soul.

This was why you have not seen a new post in a few days.
I did, however get a laugh this weekend when I went to the Super WallMart (don't judge me for going to WallMart) I went to get soup and wine. Both very good for when your teeth hurt. I was going through the check out lane and the woman behind the counter looked at me while ringing up my wine. She then stood there in silence for what seemed like a very long time time and said "Can you take off your hat?" now - keep in mind she had not asked for my ID or anything. I looked at her like she had two heads. Once I realized she was not kidding I said "Look Lady, are you really asking me to traumatize myself in the middle of WallMart? I mean, seriously- do you think for a second that I would be wearing this hat if it weren't absolutely necessary? You are really gonna make me take it off? " By this time the cashier lady and everyone in the line behind me, who were being amazingly patient during my rant, were all laughing. I said "OK, here - I have some grey and I haven't washed my hair today and this is what the top of my 39 year old head looks like. Now please give me my wine - I need it now more than ever."

As I left the WallMart I made a mental note. I must look younger in baseball hats. I think I will buy a few more.

9 comments:

Janine Serresseque said...

Aww, JB, I hope you get relief soon. The words "root canal" do tend to incite panic, but they'll have you so numbed up you won't feel a thing. Plus, it's a great excuse to eat ice cream!

Love the WalMart story!

pnlkotula said...

You make me laugh! Now answer my Myspace message...Oh, and sorry you're hurting.

pnlkotula said...

Oh yeah, and what a great pic - so sweet! I want one. No, I don't.

Anonymous said...

What a funny story!
(:

Anonymous said...

Root canals are bad, but you can ask for many pharmaceuticals, so you should be okay. Love the Walmart story! I still get carded as well - imagine - at my age...

A.K. said...

I hear you, if someone ever asked me to take off my hat on one of "those days" i would be a little mad... that's the whole reason for hats, right?!

A.K. said...

ps- do i have the right email address for you for my blog?! now that it's private?! if not- email me!

akalexander21@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

You're getting carded in Walmart and the other day I was in there and some idiot asked me if Chip was my GRANDSON. I then purchashed wine there (who would card Granny?) and proceded to drop the bottle of wine all over the driveway when I got home...while Chip screamed and Caroline laughed. Isn't that funny? And Jon was out of town and it was too late to go back out...esp. with the kids. It was Sat. nite and you can't buy alcohol on Sunday in GA. I cried.

JB said...

Oh Leli - that is like the saddest story I have ever heard - I totally feel for you. If they think you are a Grandma imagine what people will say when I have kids!? You are young and beautiful!! But dropping the wine is a sin. Especially late on a Saturday night. That is seriously the saddest part of the whole story! And thanks to all the commenters for your well wishes - I am feeling much better already.